Ginger Sparkle Cookies
December 16, 2016
1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar
¼ cup molasses
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
Colored sugar sprinkles
- Remove unsalted butter from the refrigerator to soften for a while.
- Mix butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Lightly beat one egg and mix it and the dark molasses into the butter-sugar mix.
- As they are mixing, sift together your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cloves, ginger and cinnamon) in another bowl.
- Once the liquids are blended in, add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Put the dough inside wax paper and let chill in the fridge.
- After the dough is cooled, roll the dough into balls and dip into colored, sugar sprinkles. Place them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them in the oven at 350℉ for eight to nine minutes.